Home
Plum Blossom International Federation Forum 梅 花 蔡 李 佛 太 極 國 際 聨 盟 總 會
Ask Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong
Reply to topic
Finding Motivation
flyingbackknuckle

Grandmaster:

Without going into to much detail or back story I feel as though I have lost my MUSE. I am currently having a very diffuclt time finding inspiration and motivation for my training as I format for Brown. I know a large amount of students have quit at this level but envirnomental elements and other factors weigh on my shoulders and heart heavily. Not only the physical demand but the mental has impacted my training. Not to mention finding a reliable partner for 2 man sets have provin to have its complications.

In all your years of training and teaching when the Kung Fu world around you is clouded what has helped you focus on reaching the next level?
Re: Finding Motivation
docfai
Participant

[quote:a8f43349a2="flyingbackknuckle"]Grandmaster:

Without going into to much detail or back story I feel as though I have lost my MUSE. I am currently having a very diffuclt time finding inspiration and motivation for my training as I format for Brown. I know a large amount of students have quit at this level but envirnomental elements and other factors weigh on my shoulders and heart heavily. Not only the physical demand but the mental has impacted my training. Not to mention finding a reliable partner for 2 man sets have provin to have its complications.

In all your years of training and teaching when the Kung Fu world around you is clouded what has helped you focus on reaching the next level?[/quote:a8f43349a2]
When you are learning as a student, you focus on the best performance for any of the exhibitions and competitions. When you are teaching, you focus on how to produce excellent students. No matter what, life is challenging. Two person sets are for exhibitions, not necessary to practice when no partner is available, just work on your individual forms.
Finding Motivation