Home
Plum Blossom International Federation Forum 梅 花 蔡 李 佛 太 極 國 際 聨 盟 總 會
Ask Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong
Reply to topic
True Martial Artist
FoJiaoTu

Dear Grandmaster recentley I have come across a problem. I was wondering what you definition of a true martial artist is? I see a true martial artist as one who shows respect for everything and everybody, one who devotes their life to making themselves better through self discipline and practice, one who only uses their martial arts as a last resort in defending ones self. If someone fights in a area for pride and for acknowledgement does that make them a true martial artist when they practice martial arts for one purpose alone and that is to beat people down for glory? In my humble opinon I don't think that is a true martial arts spirit but then again it's only an opinion and is only true for the one who holds it.
Namo Amituofo
Re: True Martial Artist
docfai
Participant

[quote:d8c37036b5="FoJiaoTu"]Dear Grandmaster recentley I have come across a problem. I was wondering what you definition of a true martial artist is? I see a true martial artist as one who shows respect for everything and everybody, one who devotes their life to making themselves better through self discipline and practice, one who only uses their martial arts as a last resort in defending ones self. If someone fights in a area for pride and for acknowledgement does that make them a true martial artist when they practice martial arts for one purpose alone and that is to beat people down for glory? In my humble opinon I don't think that is a true martial arts spirit but then again it's only an opinion and is only true for the one who holds it.
Namo Amituofo[/quote:d8c37036b5]

I agreed with your opinion
FoJiaoTu

thank you for your response Grandmaster and for your time
Namo Amituofo
docfai
Participant

[quote:0acc971552="FoJiaoTu"]thank you for your response Grandmaster and for your time
Namo Amituofo[/quote:0acc971552]

you are welcome, please ask technical questions in the future
True Martial Artist