Home
Plum Blossom International Federation Forum 梅 花 蔡 李 佛 太 極 國 際 聨 盟 總 會
Ask Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong
Reply to topic
Siu Jin Kuen / Siu Pau Kuen
Drake

GM,
Ng lun ma used to be the first form for distance learners, but now we learn the Siu Pau Kuen and Siu Jin Kuen prior. I learned much by working on them. What was the reason for adding these forms to the course, and do you plan on making any more changes for distance learners in the future?

A grateful student,
David
Re: Siu Jin Kuen / Siu Pau Kuen
docfai
Participant

[quote:5b1f7a947a="Drake"]GM,
Ng lun ma used to be the first form for distance learners, but now we learn the Siu Pau Kuen and Siu Jin Kuen prior. I learned much by working on them. What was the reason for adding these forms to the course, and do you plan on making any more changes for distance learners in the future?

A grateful student,
David[/quote:5b1f7a947a]
I found that the Ng lun ma and fist are not that easy for beginner to learn, therefore I try to make easy by adding those two forms to begin first.
Drake

[quote:8faa9e8eed="docfai"][quote:8faa9e8eed="Drake"]GM,

A grateful student,
David[/quote:8faa9e8eed]
I found that the Ng lun ma and fist are not that easy for beginner to learn, therefore I try to make easy by adding those two forms to begin first.[/quote:8faa9e8eed]

Thank you, GM. It has made the ng lun ma a much easier experience for me. For the ng lun ma, I have heard of people training on it by doing it normal speed, then at a speed where they hold every stance for 15-30 seconds. Do you recommend the same, or do you have special ways of training it?
docfai
Participant

[quote:893edbc0dd="Drake"][quote:893edbc0dd="docfai"][quote:893edbc0dd="Drake"]GM,

A grateful student,
David[/quote:893edbc0dd]
I found that the Ng lun ma and fist are not that easy for beginner to learn, therefore I try to make easy by adding those two forms to begin first.[/quote:893edbc0dd]

Thank you, GM. It has made the ng lun ma a much easier experience for me. For the ng lun ma, I have heard of people training on it by doing it normal speed, then at a speed where they hold every stance for 15-30 seconds. Do you recommend the same, or do you have special ways of training it?[/quote:893edbc0dd]
thats what I told all the students. hold each position for 15-30 seconds.
Siu Jin Kuen / Siu Pau Kuen